HCMC 2014

HCMC 2014

Friday, 31 October 2014

Day 5 Jasper

Chu Chi Tunnels

        1. What did I find most interesting or challenging?
That how the Vietcong can built this Immense network of underground tunnels in the Chu Chi district all out via manual labour.  There were booby traps to delay and wound troops to instil fear. They were facilities like hospital, kitchen and so forth for permanent residential ship. When the ground was heavy bombed, they stayed in tunnels for long.

       2. What have I learnt during this visit?
There were entrances that lead to trenches and sniping platforms. They made weapons from the bombshells and destroyed tanks. They knew how to counter to US toxic gases by building multiple air holes from bamboo poles at different levels. They had to eat all sorts of food like snakes and scorpions and fish trapped at craters made by bombshells .Sickness easily to catch and the most common was malaria. I finally knew how some 
traps work

        3.What surprised me?
The height of the tunnels and how narrow they are. Considering my size. ;)

       4.What am I still confused about?
Nothing
 
Cu Chi Wildlife Rescue Centre

        1. What did I find most interesting or challenging?
The bears were captured for their bile and some are kept as pets 

       2. What have I learnt during this visit?
That illegal wildlife trade in Vietnam is rampant.  

        3.What surprised me?
That illegal wildlife trade in Vietnam is rampant.  

       4.What am I still confused about?
Nothing

What have i learnt 

That the Chu Chi tunnels had so many facilities and uses and the

How my impression changed of HCMC

HCM is more technologically advanced than i previously thought,

One work description of this
Great 

No comments:

Post a Comment